If you could have any author — living or dead – write your biography, who would you choose?
Ernest Hemingway —-
Not only have I ‘met’ Mr. Hemingway and had drinks and dinner with him when in Pamplona, Spain – Seconds away from the hotel he always used to stay, at the restaurant he always went to.
Contiki Holidays can be quite educational, oh the history you learn.
Facts about Ernest Hemingway:
- Born in 1899
- American author and journalist.
- Had a distinctive writing style, characterized by economy and understatement influenced 20th-century fiction
- had a life of adventure to go along with his public image
- won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954
- Most of his work are classics of American Literature between the mid-1920s and the mid-1950s
- In Highschool he worked on the school paper Trapeze and Tabula writing mainly about sports
- After graduation he went to work for Kansas City Star
- Went overseas in 1918 to serve in World Ware 1 as an ambulance driver in the Italian Army – and for his bravery and courage he was awarded the Italian Silver Medal of Bravery
- 1923, Hemingway and his wife Hadley had a song and by this time the Writer had begun frequenting the famous Festival of San Fermin in Pamplona, Spain
“Never confuse movement with action.”
– Ernest Heminway